Find educated matches
|On this page:||Pros and Cons||Test||Member Structure||Matching Procedures|
|Technical Aspects||Costs and Fees||Contact||Alternatives|
Pros and Cons
- Specifically focuses on the academically-minded: including graduates and therefore a large number of singles with qualifications in higher education.
- A very different type of matching algorithm: the Academic Singles Personality Test focuses on 28 variables which influence a successful relationship.
- Unlike many matchmaking sites, you can gain international matches as well (you’re not just limited to Australia).
- Still a rather small number of members, though this is growing.
- Taking the test and receiving a "personality profile" is free. You can also send your first message for free: costs incur for unlimited communication.
53 : 47
This is AcademicSingles.com.au:
AcademicSingles: Where intellectuals meet
AcademicSingles prides itself on being a matchmaking service geared specifically towards the intellectually and academic-minded. It aims to provide users with a way of meeting like-minded matches. Most matchmaking sites have a special algorithm which aims to pair people up who complement one another. In this specific case, the test focuses on the factors that influence a successful relationship.
You will be able to find someone here who matches your expectations as well: not everyone is specifically looking for marriage, but more importantly a partner in life. As a result, your matches will include people who have similar relationship goals to you and that’s the beauty of AcademicSingles.
So what kind of members will I find on AcademicSingles.com.au?
You will pretty much find intellectuals and academics – however AcademicSingles.com.au also has many users who work in high-powered, successful careers and who are very goal and career-oriented. Age-wise users tend to be that bit older. The average age for both men and women is 36 years old.
What are the fees on AcademicSingles?
You can do quite a lot for free here: singles simply need to do the test and receive a personality evaluation. In and of itself, the test will allow you to gain a bit more insight into your own personality. You can also take a look at the matches you receive and even send your first message for free. If you decide to continue communication then simply take a look at the premium subscription.
AcademicSingles is a new competitor for EliteSingles in Australia. It´s growing fast and it´s service is great.
AcademicSingles.com.au: composition of members
- Number of registered members at AcademicSingles.com.au:
- 920,000 Australian members
- Gender ratio (m/f):
53 : 47
- Age distribution:
Average age of users:
- Women: 36.1 years old
- Men: 36.3 years old
Matching procedure of AcademicSingles.com.au:
- Steps to success:
- Simply create your account with your details.
- Take the Academic Singles Personality Test immediately.
- After around 15 minutes you’ll be done and ready to receive your matches/partner suggestions.
- Quantity of proposed partners:
- The number of matches that you receive depends on a number of factors such as how many people fit to your personality, how wide your "search" radius is and a number of other variables.
- Most singles who sign up to AcademicSingles receive around 40 or more, though this number can grow as more new singles login.
- Quality of the matching algorithm:
- The AcademicSingles Personality Test follows a similar but unique pattern to most matchmaking sites by using an algorithm that focuses on variables that influence successful relationships.
- Relevant personality traits are sussed out and factored into the Test’s overall picture. All of these are then compared depending on how they would influence a relationship.
- These are then compared with those of other members and the relevant matches and partner suggestions are presented to you.
- The Personality Test lasts around 15 minutes. You will receive a number of matches/partner suggestions almost immediately.
- Given contact guarantee:
- Singles are guaranteed to make contact with at least 10 potential partners when they sign up to AcademicSingles.
- Quality of user profiles:
- Most singles are looking for something long-term and serious. As a result, profiles are not only well laid-out but also informative. You can get a good impression of someone from what they have written. Important things such as where one prefers to live (country vs. city), your exact level of compatability in accordance with the test and much more is clearly shown.
Technical aspects of AcademicSingles.com.au
- Handling and design:
- AcademicSingles has a clean and simple look which makes navigation easy.
- Your matches are clearly marked so you can see them immediately.
- There is an app version.
- The test is very quick and gets straight to the point.
AcademicSingles.com.au cost and fees
- Free services:
- Personal Profile
- Personality Test
- Upload picture
- Send your very first message for free!
- Add people to Favourites so you can message them later.
- Premium services
For unlimited messaging:
- 12 months = $24.90/month
- 6 months = $39.90/month
- 3 months = $54.90/month
- You will be given full access to profile photos, so you can see them clearly.
- Premium members can enjoy unlimited messaging, so chat all you want with your favourite matches!
- What's also quite handy... You can see who's visited your profile. This will give you a good indication of who/what to look for!
- Payment options:
- Credit cards (AMEX, VISA, Diners, Mastercard)
Your subscription at AcademicSingles will be automatically extended, so make sure to cancel if you have found a partner.
ONE MORE THING..:
You can only cancel via written letter or fax. It cannot be done online.
AcademicSingles.com.au - about the company
- Academic Singles AU S.à.r.l.
291, Route d'Arlon